JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The 70th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment was welcomed home Tuesday in Jefferson City at the Ike Skelton Training Center.
The detachment, which draws from soldiers across the Show-Me state, returned from a 9 month deployment to southern Afghanistan.
Their primary focus was to train, advise, and assist the 205th Corps of the Afghan National Army.
During their deployment, they unit produced more than 1,200 print, video, and and photo products, reaching 8.4 million people on Facebook.
The Department of Defense recognized their content on their website, where major networks such as CNN and FOX pulled photos and videos for their own stories and broadcasts.
Unit members received numerous awards including a purple heart, combat action badges, and bronze stars.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement