JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The Missouri State Penitentiary in Jefferson City will reopen for partial tours in late April.
The tours were canceled in fall 2013 due to the presence of mold in the buildings.
ABC 17 News investigated the mold problem back in January, looking through inspection reports to find that the problem had dated back years.
While repairs and cleanup continues, the MSP will open Housing Units 1 and 4 and the gas chamber for history tours.
Work on the building is estimated to be completed by the end of June, and full tours are scheduled to begin in early July.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"