JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The popular ghost hunting show Ghost Adventures is scheduled to air its episode about the Missouri State Penitentiary on Sept. 6.
Earlier this year, The Travel Channel filmed at the penitentiary and used Jefferson City residents for several reenactments, including the 1954 Riot and double execution of Bonnie Heady and Carl Hall.
According to the episode's description, "Zak [Bagans] experiences mysterious stomach pains while he, Nick [Groff] and Aaron [Goodwin] tour the Missouri State Penitentiary."
The show investigates infamous, supposedly-haunted places. The show's hosts lock themselves in the building from dusk-to-dawn while they investigate paranormal activity using cameras and special equipment.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security