COLUMBIA, Mo. - Missouri Task Force 1 is planning a full-scale emergency exercise this weekend in Boone County.
On Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 2 and 3, the group and several state agencies will participate in a disaster scenario that depicts a "large scale seismic event." The earthquake will strike the small Boone County town of Prathersville with widespread damage across the entire county.
During the exercise, emergency crews will conduct searches, rescue and recovery scenarios in collapsed buildings and handle hazardous material situations.
Missouri Task Force 1 will be joined by the St. Louis Urban Security Initiative, the Missouri Disaster Response System, Civil Air Patrol, the Missouri National Guard, and the Joint Forces Headquarters Company.
The exercise will be based out of the Boone County Fire Protection District's training center on Roger Wilson Memorial Drive.
- Updated Update: Ripley Street scene clear after reported fire
- Updated Proposed law would make violence against police a hate crime
- UPDATE: Fatal crash near Midway
- Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser