JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The Missouri State Highway Patrol says traffic fatalities are down almost 16 percent compared with last year.
The patrol said Monday that 364 people have died from traffic accidents so far in 2013. That's down from 431 fatalities at the same point last year.
Missouri's annual traffic toll rose last year to 826 after having fallen for several previous years. This year's partial figures are roughly on pace with 2011, when 786 people died on Missouri roads.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security