HUNTSVILLE, Mo. - Two men charged in the death of a 92-year-old Moberly woman will appear in court on Monday.
Jeffrey Nichols and Christopher Lewis have been charged with first degree murder after a deadly crime spree in Randolph County.
Police say Nichols and Lewis confessed to stealing a "machete like" knife from the Moberly Walmart and used it to murder 92-year-old Carmelita Kaser in her home on Morehead Street.
The pair are also accused of stealing several vehicles during the Sunday night crime spree.
Law enforcement confirm both Lewis and Nichols are being held on $1 million bond. Lewis is at the Chariton County Jail while Nichols is in the Randolph County Jail.
Randolph County Circuit Court officials say Lewis and Nichols will appear in Huntsville on Monday for their initial arraignment. Cameras will not be allowed in the courtroom.
Prosecutors have not made a determination on whether they will seek the death penalty against the pair.
Services have been set for Carmelita Kaser. Visitation is scheduled for Friday 5-8 p.m. at Pathway Memorial Funeral Home in Moberly. The funeral will be Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security