BOONE Co., Mo. - Boone County firefighters worked a two-alarm fire for nearly two hours on Friday just west of Columbia, less than three miles north of the Midway exit off I-70. Flames first appeared on Elizabeth Street around 3:30 p.m. At least a dozen trucks were on scene.
When crews arrived, they could see smoke coming out the front and flames towards the back of the mobile home.
The smoke was so heavy, people could only see a few feet in front of them. The cause remains under investigation.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit