BOONE COUNTY, Mo. - A new J-turn on Highway 63 south of Ashland is set to open Monday morning at nine, according to MODOT.
The crossovers at Liberty Lane and Peterson Lane will be closed once the J-turn opens.
This project came after several fatal accidents at the intersection.
MODOT says according a University of Missouri study, J-turns significantly reduce accidents.
Construction on the project started last winter and is part of MODOT's Highway 63 improvement plan.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security