COLUMBIA, Mo. - A longtime downtown Columbia restaurant will close its doors for good Tuesday night.
Panera Bread officials say Tuesday is the last day the Ninth Street location will be in business.
The St. Louis-based company opened a fourth location with a drive-thru near Highway 63 and Broadway last year.
Panera says with the opening of that location and the expiration of its lease in the former Hall Theater, they decided to close the downtown eatery.
The restaurant will still have three locations in Columbia: at Highway 63 and Broadway, South Providence Road, and in the Columbia Mall.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes