COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man accused of stealing thousands of dollars from clients is no longer facing charges in Missouri.
Howard County prosecutors had charged David Keithley, 60, with three counts of theft and stealing, but those charges were dropped Friday.
Keithley was accused of stealing money from clients who paid him to do their taxes.
County prosecutor Deborah Riekhof told ABC 17 News that multiple victims have come forward since the investigation began.
The U.S. Department of Treasury and Internal Revenue Service are currently investigating Keithley. Riekhof expects federal charges to be filed against Keithley.
If federal charges are not filed, Howard County officials will refile state charges against him.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy