BOONVILLE, Mo. - The Cooper County Sheriff's Office issued a scam alert Sunday after several people reported similar phony bank calls.
Like recent bank scams, the most recent features numbers that don't fit the standard format. According to the Sheriff's Office Facebook page, would-be victims are reporting numbers similar to "253 638 27."
The voice on the other end of the line says your bank card or account has been compromised. Usually a recording, the scammer requests your bank information to solve the problem.
The Cooper County Sheriff's Office reminded everyone Sunday to never give personal information over the phone.
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes