PILOT GROVE, Mo. - For the first time in four years, the town of Pilot Grove will have a grocery store.
A Mid-Missouri couple, Cody and Paula Tyler, will open a Tyler's Market in the town of 762 residents later this month.
The Tylers already operate two small town stores in Knob Noster and Waverly, each about 50 miles from Pilot Grove.
According to Pilot Grove officials, one resident offered the land and two dozen farmers and residents invested more than $300,000 to fund the project.
"It's amazing to see the commitment of the people of Pilot Grove," Cody Tyler said in a statement. "Without their persistence we would not be here."
Officials say hiring is already underway and the business is expected to be open by late October, with a grand opening celebration on Nov. 9.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County