COLUMBIA, Mo. - Officials said Tuesday unattended cooking caused a fire near the Columbia Mall. A woman and her 1 year-old child are staying with relatives after escaping unharmed Monday afternoon along Claudell Lane off Worley Street. The home was destroyed.
The Red Cross also helped a family from the other apartment on Tuesday, which includes a mother and her three children, ages 8, 13 and 15. Their unit only received minor damage.
In total, the fire cost roughly $65,000.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost