COLUMBIA, Mo. - Suspended Mizzou basketball player Zach Price was kicked off the team, Missouri men's basketball coach Frank Haith announced Thursday.
"Last week's situation was unacceptable and after a review, I have decided that Zach will no longer be a part of our program," Haith said in a statement. "The off-the-court incidents involving our program over the past few months will not be tolerated.
ABC 17 News confirmed Price was arrested twice in one day by Columbia police last Thursday. Price was allegedly involved in a "road rage incident" last Wednesday with his roommate, known to be former MU guard Earnest Ross.
Police were called when a man and woman said their vehicle was struck multiple times by Price's car near Bethel Church Road and Route K.
Price also reportedly blocked Ross' car last Thursday morning, punched Ross and then pushed his girlfriend.
Before the alleged incidents, Ross filed a petition for an order of protection against Price.
"Our program represents the entire university and needs to be an asset," Haith's statement continues. "That's my responsibility as our head coach at Mizzou and we'll get it fixed."
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver