COLUMBIA, Mo. - MU held an open forum on Wednesday after announcing their search for an Assistant Vice Chancellor for Civil Rights & Title IX on Tuesday.
In the forum, it was said that candidates will come on campus so the MU community has a chance to talk and meet with them in January or February.
The desired qualities for the position are:
- someone open and willing to attend Fall Fest, Take Back The Night, Queer Fest and other community events.
- someone who know how to educate minority populations and support minority populations.
- someone who is able to go into spaces where they are unwelcome and initiate conversations that are unwelcome.
- considering national political context—a person who is able to protect campus environment.
- someone who wants to interact with international community.
Emily Love, the program consultant and Title IX coordinator in the UM System Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion said that the search committee intends to be as transparent as possible.
The search committee co-chairs include:
- Tina Bloom, associate professor in the Sinclair School of Nursing
- Emily Love, program consultant and Title IX coordinator in the UM System Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The search committee members include:
- Tina Adams-Salter, system privacy officer, MU Health
- Elizabeth Beale, member, Staff Advisory Council
- Julie Drury, senior coordinator, Office of Student Accountability and Support
- Barbara Hammer, director, MU Disability Center
- Alex Higginbotham, student representative, Missouri Students Association
- Christine Holt, associate provost, Office of the Provost
- Kristen Kalz, representative, Graduate Professional Council
- Paul Maguffee, deputy general counsel, UM System Office of the General Counsel
- Kim McDonald, senior human resources consultant, Human Resources Services
- Jeanne Mihail, professor and associate director, Division of Plant Sciences
- Sarah Reesman, executive associate athletic director, Athletics
- Kevin Rodgers, lieutenant, MU Police Department
- Jatha Sadowski, director, Human Resources Services
- Mikah Thompson, director of affirmative action and Title IX coordinator, UMKC Office of Affirmative Action
- Donell Young, director, Center for Academic Success and Excellence; assistant vice chancellor, MU Division of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
People can visit the inclusion, diversity and equity webpage to get updates and once a candidate profile is built, it will be published.