COLUMBIA, Mo. - The University of Missouri welcomed its largest student body in history Monday, with nearly 35,000 students enrolled.
Nearly 27,000 of those students are undergraduates.
MU's freshman class is second-largest behind 2012, with 6,546 students.
The total number of minority students also rose this year compared to last year by 6.6%. International enrollment rose by 10% in just one year.
MU students are enrolled in a record number of online classes, with students registered in almost 24,000 credit hours of all-online coursework.
Incoming freshmen were welcomed at the annual Tiger Walk Sunday. With the increase in students, MoDOT will be checking traffic signals at major highway intersections around campus to make sure they are timed correctly.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"