COLUMBIA, Mo. - Multiple accidents have been reported in Mid-Missouri, causing significant delays on area roads.
Around 3 p.m. Thursday, two accidents were reported on the westbound lanes of I-70 just west of Columbia.
Emergency crews responded to the accidents, including one that involved hazardous material. Both crashes involved tractor trailers.
The accidents were near Midway and the Perche Creek Bridge and were causing tracking to back up nearly seven miles to the Highway 63 connector.
Drivers are asked to avoid the area or expect delays.
Another accident on eastbound Route 50 near Clark Road in Jefferson City and traffic down to a single lane.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County