JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The citizen-soldiers of the Missouri National Guard's 70th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment is set for deployment to Afghanistan.
The deployment ceremony was held Monday morning and Gov. Jay Nixon spoke to the crowd.
The detachment will train, advise and assist Afghan media representatives.
It will also provide public and command information services.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost