COLUMBIA, Mo. - Residents wouldn't say much Friday afternoon concerning a shooting incident near Derby Ridge Drive. Bullets struck a car and a house on the 1700 block of Bold Ruler Drive Thursday night.
One neighbor said she heard a few pops outside, but didn't see anyone or anything when she looked out her window. Another man living nearby said he dismissed it as "firecrackers," and that situations involving police are nothing new for the area.
There are four houses on the 1700 block of Bold Ruler Drive, but only one resident of those houses answered the door, and did not want to comment. ABC 17 News knocked on the doors of three other houses in the area, but no one answered.
The Thursday shooting on Bold Ruler Drive is the third shooting incident in Columbia in the past four days. Columbia police arrested a man Thursday morning for a shooting at the Ultramart on Paris Road Monday. On Wednesday, police followed a car taking a man to University Hospital for gunshot wounds. The police believe the shooting took place somewhere between Jake's Bar on Clark Lane and Hendrix Drive.
Officer Latisha Stroer did not know if any of the shootings were connected. She said since the victim in Wednesday's shooting is not cooperating with police, any investigation into a connection is hindered.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"