MOBERLY, Mo. - Friday, Moberly officials hosted a grand opening for a new furniture store, and that's just the latest in a line of good economic news for the city.
Furniture Factory Outlet is not only adding jobs in Moberly, it's bringing in business from shoppers in the surrounding area who would normally travel to bigger cities.
FFO is a furniture and home decor retailer. The new 30,000 square foot store is located on Crete Street, near Maurice's. This is the company's twelfth store in Missouri.
FFO President and CEO Larry Zigerelli says he met with city officials four months ago, and after looking at the market, he wanted to open a store as soon as possible. They plan to be in Moberly for many years to come.
And they aren't the only ones planning on staying in Moberly for awhile. Within the last year, expansions have been announced at Mid-Am Building Supply, GAF Roofing Shingles and MFA Oil.
Furniture Factory Outlet tells me it plans to be very involved in the community and is working with the local Chamber of Commerce on possible fundraising opportunities.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement