Odd News

Student accidentally gives peers pot candy

A fifth-grade student in New Mexico accidentally passed out medical marijuana to other students mistaking it for candy.

Local news station KQRE reports the girl who brought the pot gummies alerted adults when she started acting differently.

"We noticed the student who initially brought the edible to our school was acting strange. She started saying she couldn't see," said dean of elementary students Kristy Del Curto.

School officials believe the student didn't know she was passing out drugs.

Del Curto says they called paramedics who monitored the students to make sure they weren't having dangerous reactions.

comments powered by Disqus

ABC 17 News Stormtrack

  • Sunday March 18 Evening Weather Video

Top Videos