BOONVILLE, Mo. - A high-speed chase through Boonville ended in a deadly crash Saturday morning.
Clyde Tropel, 66, was trying to evade Boonville police on Old U.S. 40 around 9:30 a.m., when he crashed his car. He died at the scene.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol report, Tropel's car hit a guardrail near Missouri 40 and went airborne before hitting a fence and a telephone pole.
Boonville police declined to give specifics about the pursuit Sunday evening.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost