SUNRISE BEACH, Mo. - A house fire in Sunrise Beach killed one person Thursday night.
Firefighters responded to a fire around 10:30 p.m. on Winding Ashley Lane. When they arrived, the house was already fully involved and the fire had begun to spread to a neighboring home.
Because of the intense fire, firefighters were unable to enter the house. It took crews approximately 90 minutes to control the fire.
Firefighters found the victim inside the home. The victim's name has not been released.
Investigators believe the fire was accidental. The house was completely destroyed, but firefighters were able to limit damage to neighboring house.
- Update: Ripley Street scene clear after reported fire
- Proposed law would make violence against police a hate crime
- Updated UPDATE: Fatal crash near Midway
- Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser