WARSAW, Mo. - One person was killed and another seriously injured in a Benton County car crash Tuesday night.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol says Kathy L. Wilson, 45, of Clinton was killed in an accident on Highway 7 near Bell Island Road.
Troopers say a car driven by Timothy J. Brown, 26, of Clinton crossed the center line on the highway and struck Wilson's car head-on. The collision caused Wilson's car to travel off the road and hit a tree.
Wilson was flown to Lake Regional Hospital in Osage Beach where she was pronounced dead.
Brown suffered serious injuries and was flown to Research Hospital in Kansas City.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes