COLUMBIA, Mo. - One person was injured in a house fire in Boone County Wednesday afternoon.
Around 3:50 p.m., Boone County Fire Protection District crews were called to the house on 12400 block of Highway YY, north of Columbia. Seventeen units responded to the fire.
According to an ABC 17 News crew at the scene, the home is completely destroyed.
One person was injured in the fire, but transported to University Hospital before firefighters arrived at the scene.
There is no word yet on what caused the fire or a damage estimate.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy