MONTGOMERY CITY, Mo. - One person is dead and two others are injured after a single-car crash in Montgomery County early Wednesday morning.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol say Robert M. Scarlet, 19, of Montgomery City, was driving on Boonslick Road around 1:30 a.m. when he lost control of the car. The car then traveled off the road and struck several trees.
Scarlet and two passengers, 18-year-old Ryan A. Biggs and 21-year-old Ethan M. Anderson, were ejected from the car.
Biggs was pronounced dead at the scene. Anderson and Scarlet suffered moderate-to-serious injuries and were taken to University Hospital by helicopter.
Troopers believe speed was a factor in the crash. They say none of the men were wearing seat belts.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes