COLUMBIA, Mo. - More than 1,100 homes lost power for about half an hour Monday afternoon in south Columbia.
Officials said the outage happened from 1-1:30 p.m. The issue affected customers west of South Providence Road in the Green Meadows Road and Nifong Boulevard area.
The city had to reroute power because trees damaged lines during last Wednesday's storms. On Monday crews had to isolate and temporarily cut electricity in order to make the final repairs.
For updates, check with abc17news.com and ABC 17 News, starting at 5 p.m.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security