FULTON, Mo. -

A Fulton home is in complete disrepair after a fire ripped through the house early Saturday morning.

Crews said the fire started because of a clothes dryer malfunction.

Firefighters were met with a blaze inside one room of the home. They were able to get the fire under control after an aggressive attack.

The fire was contained to just one room and the attic, but there is smoke damage throughout the entire house.

Fire crews estimate damages to be around $40,000.

There were four people home at the time of the fire, but they were able to get out safely.

The American Red Cross is helping the homeowners with accommodations.