A Stover pastor was arraigned in Moniteau County court Tuesday for sex crimes. Travis Smith is charged with forcible rape, two counts of second degree statutory rape and sexual abuse in Moniteau County Circuit Court. The charges stems from alleged incidents that happened in 1998 and 1999. Smith is also charged with second degree statutory rape and second degree statutory sodomy for an alleged 2005 incident. His next court appearance is scheduled for November 13. Smith was previously acquitted by a jury for a child molestation charge in September 2011. According to the First Baptist Church of Stover's website, Smith is listed as a pastor at the church.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County