CAMDEN COUNTY, Mo. - A person was arrested for unrelated warrants after a body was found decomposing on the back porch of a home near Camdenton.
On Wednesday, officials confirmed the remains belong to a woman. Investigators think it is the woman who rented the house in Camelot Estates.
On Tuesday night, 30-year-old Jamison D. Shelton was taken into custody by multiple law enforcement agencies at a Jefferson City motel. Shelton is a known associate and recent roommate of the woman found in Camden County.
Deputies discovered the body on Sunday after the landlord could not reach anyone at the home.
Samples have been shipped to a Texas lab, which will test for DNA.
The arrest involved the Camden County Sheriff's Department, Eldon police, Jefferson City police, and the United States Marshals Service.
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement
- Fatal vehicle crash in Miller County