COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police and the Missouri Department of Transportation closed a lane of I-70 Wednesday to investigate a deadly accident.
Ennis Marquis Patrick, 36, of Columbia, was struck by a vehicle on westbound I-70 near the Lake of the Woods exit nearly two weeks ago.
Police shut down the passing lane of I-70 to conduct an a crash investigation Wednesday morning.
Investigators say it is possible Patrick was hit by a tractor trailer, but they are not releasing many details about the crash.
Officials say they believe they know the driver and vehicle involved, but were awaiting DNA tests for confirmation. So far, criminal charges have not been filed.
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust