JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Authorities in Missouri have located the car believed to belong to a man found dead in the Missouri River.
On Sat., Aug. 24, Jefferson City police were called to an area near N. Chestnut Street after a body was found in the river. Members of the Cole County Sheriff's Department and Jefferson City fire crews helped retrieve the body.
Investigators identified the body as Christopher Durbin, 38, of Russellville.
Tuesday afternoon, the Missouri State Highway Patrol's Water Division located a car near the boat ramp in Marion. Troopers pulled the car out of the river and iInvestigators have determined the car belongs to Durbin.
Authorities are awaiting the results of an autopsy and say the investigation into Durbin's death is ongoing.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- Updated MU football hires defensive line coach