COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Columbia City Council has rejected a request from CVS Pharmacy to rezone property at the intersection of Providence Road and Broadway.
The measure failed with a 6-1 vote. Fifth Ward councilwoman Laura Nauser was the only one who voted in favor of the rezoning plan.
The Downtown Leadership Council and the Historic Preservation Commission opposed the request.
The DLC will talk about the council's action at a meeting Tuesday night.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"