COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia City Manager Mike Matthes is expected to unveil his budget by the end of the week.
Deputy City Manager Tony St. Romaine confirmed to ABC 17 News that Matthes will present the 2014 fiscal year budget Friday at 9 a.m. at city hall.
St. Romaine says city leaders are looking to add more police officers because of recent crime issues. More details are expected at the Friday morning press conference.
St. Romaine also told ABC 17 News the Youth Anti-Violence Task Force will be appointed during an Aug. 5 City Council meeting.
Columbia's current budget is approximately $409 million. Council members must approve the 2014 budget by the end of September.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"