JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The new Jefferson City administrator starts at city hall on Monday.
Steven Crowell, who was hired on January 21, came to Jefferson City from St. Mary's, Georgia. He served in a similar role there.
Crowell has more than 30 years of civic experience. He replaces interim city administrator and current city attorney Drew Hilpert.
Hilpert was named interim city administrator after council voted to remove then-administrator Nathan Nickolaus in September. At that time, Mayor Eric Struemph said the city wanted to move in a different direction.
Hilper told ABC 17 News this weekend that Crowell had a strong focus "on customer service and citizen engagement in governance."
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement