COLUMBIA, Mo. - Rep. Chris Kelly's office confirmed to ABC 17 News Wednesday that the legislator suffered a heart attack Tuesday.
Kelly's office said the representative had two blocked arteries and had two stents put in at University Hospital in Columbia.
Original tests did not show signs of a heart attack Tuesday, but further tests confirmed did suffer a heart attack.
Kelly represents the 45th House District and covers parts of Columbia. He is currently serving his ninth term and is the House's senior member.
He is recovering at University Hospital as of Wednesday afternoon.
- New Emergency crews responding to crash in northeast Columbia
- Updated Incoming Governor's wife robbed at gunpoint
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation