COLUMBIA, Mo. - The motel where a 16-year-old girl was found dead last week announced Monday that it will close on May 1.
A spokesperson for Providence Suites said in a news release that a large amount of money was invested into the building in 2009 to "bring it to a level of quality to compete in the budget segment of the motel market."
The motel has continued to see decline and money loss due to the age of the property and decided to shutter its doors.
The motel gave guests notice of the closure on Monday.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"