JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The American Red Cross is helping a pair of Mid-Missouri families whose homes were damaged by fires on Sunday.
One fire destroyed a mobile home on Highway 50 near Loose Creek in Osage County.
And a second happened on County Road 428 Steedman in Callaway County. Fire officials say the cause might be related to the electric furnace and wood stove in a separate room attached to the back of the house.
In both cases, volunteers met with the families to determine what their needs are in terms of food, clothing, shelter and items for personal hygiene.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"