JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Work continues on Business 50 in Cole County and is now one week ahead of schedule, according to the contractor.
Work is still being completed on the north side of the road to get everything ready for the westbound side to be paved.
The southbound side will take less time, according to Cole County Public Works.
The westbound lane is schedule to be paved on July 28. That lane will be completed in 1 to 2 days.
When that is done, asphalt will be laid to the top of Apache Trail and asphalt will be milled on the other two lanes.
In the first week of August, they'll remove the subgrade on the two lanes, and set up temporary detours for the eastbound traffic to help speed up the work.
Pioneer Trail drive is being worked on currently but will be opened up again before school starts in August.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit