WRIGHT COUNTY, Mo. - A Rolla man drowned while swimming across the Gasconade River Saturday afternoon.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Hinkemeyer tried to cross the river but went under the water and did not resurface for some time.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, near the Allen Memorial Conservation Area in Wright County.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security