COLUMBIA, Mo. - Rain grounded planes for more than one hour at the Salute to Veterans Airshow Saturday afternoon.
Admission and parking for the Airshow are free.
There will be shuttles from the Hearnes Center on MU campus in Columbia, and from the Jefferson City Memorial Airport. Shuttle rides will cost $5.00.
The Canadian Snowbirds and U.S. Golden Knights Parachute Team will headline the
show, and the hours on Saturday and Sunday are from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
There will be an honored guests banquet following the show that the public can buy tickets for starting at 5:30 p.m. at Southwell Arena at Columbia College.
Also this weekend, several fireworks displays are planned on Saturday and Sunday
at the Lake of the Ozarks.
On Saturday, fireworks can be viewed from Bear Bottom Resort in Sunrise Beach, and on Sunday from Tan-Tar-A in Osage Beach and the Lodge of Four Seasons Lake Ozark.
The Parade of Lights is planned on Saturday night starting after 8:00 p.m. and will proceed across the Bagnell Dam in Lake Ozark.
Monday, the Salute to Veterans Parade is scheduled in Columbia and will start at 9:55 a.m. in downtown Columbia.
The aircraft from the Airshow will fly overhead during the parade as a tribute to fallen comrades.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit