COLUMBIA, Mo. - On Wednesday, Chancellor Alexander Cartwright announced who would make up the search committee for the University of Missouri's next provost and executive vice chancellor.
In a release, Cartwright said the committee will work together throughout the next six months to identify candidates. He has asked Joi Moore, professor and director of the school of information science & learning technologies, and Marshall Stewart, vice chancellor for extension and engagement, to be co-chairs of the committee and carry out the search.
The search will be facilitated by Tim McIntosh and the executive search team at UM System.
The university will once again use search firm Isaacson Miller to help identify candidates.
"I have asked that the committee try to complete the search by May 2018 with finalists interviewing on campus in late April/early May 2018," Cartwright said in his release.
The person selected will be filling the role left by Garnett Stokes, who has accepted the president’s position at the University of New Mexico. Her last day is Jan. 31. An interim provost is expected to be announced by the end of the week.
The full search committee includes:
* Sarah Bush, teaching professor of Biological Sciences
* Sandy Davidson, curators teaching professor, School of Journalism
* Rhonda Gibler, vice chancellor of Finance
* Virginia Huxley, J.O. Davis Professor of Cardiovascular Physiology
* Bill Horner, teaching professor, Department of Political Science
* Alex Howe, president, Graduate-Professional Council
* Hsun-Ta Hsu, assistant professor of Social Work
* Chrissy Kintner, chair, Staff Advisory Council
* Thom Lambert, professor, School of Law
* Camila Manrique, assistant professor of Medicine
* Kevin McDonald, vice chancellor for Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
* Mark McIntosh, vice chancellor for Research, Graduate Studies & Economic Development
* Joi Moore, professor and director, School of Information Science & Learning Technologies
* Pat Okker, dean, College of Arts and Science
* Marilyn Rantz, Curators Professor Emerita, Sinclair School of Nursing
* Margorie Skubic, professor of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
* Marshall Stewart, vice chancellor for Extension and Engagement
* Ajay Vinze, dean, College of Business
* John Walker, curators Professor of Biological Sciences
* Bill Wiebold, professor of Agronomy, College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources and Faculty Council Chair
* Nathan Willett, president, Missouri Students Association