COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Show Me State Games' opening ceremonies were held Friday night at the Mizzou Arena.
Officials of the Games say that they will have an economic impact of $15 million.
Show me State Games executive director Ken Ash said nearly 30,000 athletes will be competing over the course of the three weekends.
The economic impacts comes in many forms, from application fees to booked hotels to sales in stores.
The Games end the weekend of July 28th.
To learn more information about the events, visit http://www.smsg.org/.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime