COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Boone County Fire Department responded to a fire on the north side of Columbia at 6:45 a.m. Saturday.
The fire was on North Wade School Road located in the left unit of the duplex. The occupants were sleeping when one resident woke up to a fire in the kitchen near the stove.
They were not cooking and the fire spread too quickly for them to contain it themselves.
All three occupants evacuated and had their duplex neighbors do the same.
The Boone County Fire Department did find the residences dog underneath the bed.
Captain Martina Pounds told ABC 17 News that all occupants are safe, including the dog.
Right now damages are estimated to be between $70,000 to $80,000.