COLUMBIA, Mo. - Fire investigators said Sunday smoking materials were to blame for a minor house fire in Columbia.
Crews responded to calls of smoke coming from the back of 3717 Wayside Drive around 1:50 p.m. Sunday.
According to a fire crews at the scene, the fire was under control in about five minutes. Investigators said the home sustained about $10,000 in damage.
An electric meter was damaged in the fire and Columbia Water & Light responded to evaluate it.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- Updated MU football hires defensive line coach