DIXON, Mo. - One soldier is dead and another was taken to a hospital in serious condition following an ATV accident in Pulaski County.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Timothy R. Panzar, 25, of St. Robert died in an accident on Hartford Road near Highway 28 around 2:30 a.m. Thursday.
Troopers say Panzar was driving the ATV northbound on Hartford Road when the vehicle ran off the road, hit a tree, overturned then landed in the Big Piney River.
Highway Patrol says both Panzar and his passenger, Erik D. Kolbow, 33, of Fort Leonard Wood, were ejected from the ATV.
A spokesman for Fort Leonard Wood told KOLR-TV that both men were currently assigned to the 4th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade.
Panzar was pronounced dead at the scene.
Kolbow suffered serious injuries and was transported by helicopter to Mercy Hospital in Springfield, Mo.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze