JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Emergency roadwork will force the closure of Southwest Boulevard in Jefferson City.
The city's Department of Public Works will close Southwest Blvd. between Stadium Blvd. and Cedar Hill Road for stormwater repairs.
The construction is schedule to start Thursday at 8:30 a.m. and finish by Friday at 5 p.m.
The work had been postponed due to inclement weather last week.
Public Works officials say a pipe broke down, causing a small sinkhole to form. Since the 15-inch pipe travels under both lanes of traffic, crews will have to close the road.
Officials are urging drivers to use caution in the area or to avoid the area altogether when construction begins.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- New Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Updated Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Updated Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Updated Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal