KINGDOM CITY, Mo. - The Callaway County Sheriff's Department is investigating the theft of metal from a Kingdom City company.
Deputies responded to a business in the 5600 block of Old Highway 40 for a report of stolen scrap metal. According to law enforcement, a "large amount" of steel pipes were taken from the company.
Deputies say the pipes are extremely heavy and are classified as "nuclear grade." The pipes have one-inch thick walls, vary in diameter from six inches to two feet and are up to eight feet in length.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Callaway County Sheriff's Department at 573-642-7291 or anonymously online.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy