News

Structure Fire on Blue Grouse Drive

COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Columbia Fire Department was dispatched to a residential structure fire at 3303 Blue Grouse Drive on Tuesday afternoon. Units saw heavy smoke coming from a one story, single family home.

Fire crews performed an aggressive attack on the fire, containing it to the kitchen. There was no one in the home at the time of the fire.

Assistant Fire Marshal Jim Pasley determined that the fire started in the kitchen as a result of unattended cooking. While the fire was contained to the kitchen, there was smoke damage throughout the home. Pasley estimates the damage will cost $70,000.

There were no reported injuries.


comments powered by Disqus

ABC 17 News Stormtrack

  • Friday, November 17 Afternoon Weather

Top Videos