COLUMBIA, Mo. - Students were briefly evacuated from a Columbia elementary school Thursday after a wall heater at Two Mile Prairie Elementary was turned on by accident.
Two Mile Prairie is off Route Z, northeast of downtown Columbia.
The building was evacuated, but there was no major damage.
Officials said they had a fire drill set up for Friday, so this was a good test run.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- MU football hires defensive line coach